Saturday, November 21, 2009

IN THE BEGINNING....!

Quite frankly, I have never considered myself an "addictive" personality...honest! Setting aside such indulgences as milk chocolate-covered cherries, Diet Coke, Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, KFC dinner menu complete with biscuits and ear corn, MSNBC and The View, I am FREE of what is often considered to be something no person "in his or her right mind" would embrace, entertain, enjoy, envy, exhibit or exhort....SO WHY AM I so caught up in this "Blogging" thing to the point I ignore the refrigerator and all the good stuff listed above...well, not MSNBC or The View, of course?

I, kiddingly, tell myself it is to keep "out of jail and off the streets" but that doesn't come close to explaining the "inner joy" of sharing stories of my simple childhood in Atlantic, Iowa, the friends of my childhood, of being raised in a family of twelve siblings, and the blessing of being the Thirteenth Child of a Mom and Dad who experienced, if ever there was one, a midlife "crisis" when I was conceived and born. So...here we go again! A friend told me about this new Blog spot a day or two ago, and here I am, already, about to "spill the beans" on my childhood chums, our neighbors of yesteryear and the citizens in general who just happened to make my growing up years in Iowa so colorful and unforgettable. That would describe the "CountryGal" part of the title of my Blog....for a "teaser," just let me say that you will soon read about two of the most important people in my life...Mom and Dad. In the meantime, look forward with me to sharing a bit of "this and that" ... postings will probably not be on a regular basis, as I am still learning how to adjust to all the good stuff on this website as a "newbie." Fighting this "addiction," I fear, is going to be a losing battle... someone once said it is almost impossible for me to confine my "writings" to 400 words or less! 'Tis true, I trust! 'Til the next time...

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Chocolate-covered cherries are my total downfall! I would eat nothing but if I didn't know I'd get as sick of them as I did eating a milk carton full of malted milk balls (never, never again will a malted milk ball pass these lips!). I love every little bit about them -- the chocolate, the cherry syrup, the crammed full of red dye number fill-you-&-kill-you-with-cancer-in-fifteen-minutes bing cherry. Now I need a box, preferably a really BIG box, or I will perish before midnight. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, you will know I've gone to red dye number hell!

    Isn't blogging fun?! My current blog is (I think) over 2 years old, but I first started blogging on MySpace and then graduated to here on Blogger before moving over to WordPress, so I've actually been blogging for about 5 years. I'm adding your blog to my daily RSS email feed so I'll never miss a post. If you need any help, just let me know.

    I hope you will post old photos -- I love old photos. I love stories more, but I'd love to try and match the faces in my memories to their names.

    You are no "Golden Girl" contender, sweetie; it is they who are your contenders because you are matchless! I now have two fabulous women about whom I can say, "I want to grow up to be just like you;" my maternal grandmother, Vivian, and you. Good role models are hard to find, but once found, you're never allowed to escape!

    Giant hugs and kisses,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete